Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong gave Malaysia a 2-0 lead in the Thomas Cup match against Korea when they defeated their bogey opponents Yoo Yeon Seong/Ko Hyun Sung at the Forum in Macau tonight, winning 21-14,21-19.

And the second doubles pair of Lim Khim Wah/Goh V Shern came from a set down to defeat the much vaunted Lee Yong Dae/Shin Baek Choei 18-21, 21-19, 21-11 to ensure an easier last eight match.

Earlier skipper Lee Chong Wei giving Malaysia the first point after an effortless 21-13,21-15 win over Lee Hyun Ill.

Malaysia  play India in the last eight tomorrow.

Watch the videos below on what the players and coaches say below:

The Malaysian pair looked more composed and with Koo sharp at the net, they raced to a 7-4 lead. Not even a bad line call early in the match affected the composure of the Malaysian pair.
Yoo looked a bit lost in the early stages of the set, making many unforced errors to hand over easy points. And the attacking play adopted by Koo/Tan paid dividends as they led 11-6 at the break.
There was no letting off and Koo was playing as if his life depended on the match, making crucial interceptions at the net for a 16-7 lead.
However the Malaysian fell into a lull of complacency as they allowed the Koreans to dictate play at the closing stages of the first set.
They allowed the Koreans just another seven points before wrapping up the first set 21-14.

In the second the Malaysians raced to an early 4-2 lead but it was neck to neck after the Koreans caught up. But Koo/Tan held their nerves and raced to a 9-6 lead.
Two more errors by the Koreans gave Malaysia a 11-7 lead at the breather and an upset was on the cards.
But all of a sudden the performance of the Malaysians dropped as the Koreans narrowed the gap and led 14-13 at one stage.
It was once again neck to neck as both pairs fought tooth and nail until the Koreans broke away from 17 all to lead19-17.
The Malaysians objected to the service of Ko and this worked as the Koreans gave away the next two points and it was 19-19.
And the Malaysians went on to seal a historic win.

But the 2-0 lead was squandered as Mohd Hafiz Hashim was a pale shadow of the player he was. Although he was just a point away from winning the first set he lost 22-24 against Shon Wan Ho.

And in the second the Korean was at his element and won 21-16 to put Korea back into the fight.

In the second doubles, the Malaysian pair of Lim Khim Wah/Goh V Shem gave a good account of themselves against the Koreans Lee Yong Dae/Shin Baek Choei.

It was a close fight in the first set and although the Malaysians lost set 18-21, they played with more purpose in the second and led 16-14 at one stage.

Though the Koreans caught up to 18-18, the Malaysians kept their composure to win the second 21-19 and force it to a third a final set which they dominated to win 21-11.

In the final match, Arif Abdul Latif lost to Hong Ji Hoon 17-21,15-21 but Malaysia were already home and dry by then.

And Malaysia are expected to sail into the final round as India are no match for them, not with the renewed confidence of the doubles pairs.