M- League to go on as scheduled

As so far as the Ministry of Youth and Sports the possibility of the re-start of the M-League being postponed has not arisen as of yet.

It’s Minister Dato Seri Reezal Merican Naina Merican said that he is unaware of any discussion purportedly towards a MKN meeting to discuss reinforcing a ban for contact sports.

After the initial barring of contact sports in March, it was lifted from July 15 with competitions being allowed from August 15.

“ I am in constant touch with Dato Seri Ismail Sabri on this matter and so far no discussion has taken place,” said Dato Seri Reezal Merican.

“ As of now the present ruling stands and we stand guided with decisions made by Ministry of Health and the National Security Council.”

The Football and sports industry were somewhat confused by report in a Malay daily and a sports portal stating that contact sports could well be barred today at a special National National Council meeting.

However it must be stated that the NSC holds a meeting every Thursday.

Football Association of Malaysia President Dato Hamidin Mohd Amin was somewhat relieved with the statement of the Sports Minister.

“ We are grateful for the clarification by Dato Seri Reezal as we received many calls from affiliates and team,” said Dato Hamidin.

“ My advise you all was only to listen to official notifications from MKN, KBS and MOH.”